Updated March 18th 2018:
Big Cat® Parts only warranty. Under our warranty guidelines, customers are required to do the following when filing a warranty claim:
- Fill out our warranty claim form with all proper information
- Provide Date of purchase, proof of purchase and where your Big Cat ebike was purchased from
- Provide information of the Bicycle shop or person who assembled your Big Cat electric bicycle
- Provide a detailed description of the issues you're having with your bicycle
- Submit a photo or photos of the defective parts & proof of purchase
- Ship defective part to Big Cat. The parts will be carefully inspected. Once the issue is diagnosed, Big Cat reserves the right to either repair the defective part, issue a brand new part, or issue a similar part for replacement that may not be brand new. Customer(s) is responsible for costs associated with shipping the parts to Big Cat.
Mail to: 1180-10 Lincoln Ave. Holbrook, NY 11741
Upon registration of the warranty at https://www.bigcatbikes.com/pages/warranty-registration the buyer shall be entitled to the warranty services as set forth in the following provisions.
PRODUCTS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
The warranty covers all Big Cat ® original equipment components. The warranty extends exclusively to Big Cat ® products that are new and exhibit a material or production defect. All other parts and components shall be excluded from this warranty.
WARRANTY PERIOD 1 year - Parts Only - Labor NOT included.
- Big Cat ®, “Parts Only” warranty will replace failed parts due to a material or production defect. See exclusions below.
- Big Cat ® bikes must be brought to a bike shop or diagnosed by a bike mechanic.
- Shipping costs of warrantied parts are the responsibility of the consumer.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of labor to install warrantied components.
- The customer is REQUIRED to return the damaged parts to Big Cat ® for the warranty to remain valid.
- No returns will be accepted without a Big Cat ® issued Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Non-Return of damaged or defective warrantied parts will invalidate future warranty claims.
- At the discretion of Big Cat ® Worldwide, Inc replacement parts may be Big Cat ® original equipment components or another brand of the same value, to perform the same function.
- A Big Cat ® Electric Bike can only be returned in its original box, along with original packing materials and returned as it was received to arrive undamaged in like new condition. A restocking fee of up to 25% will apply.
- Shipping costs of warrantied parts are not included and are the responsibility of the consumer
- If the vehicle is technically or mechanically modified
- Subsequent conversion/installation of incompatible or non-original parts
- Wearing parts (parts that would normally wear with normal to moderate use)
- Repairs that have not been carried out by trained specialists or Authorized Big Cat ® dealers
- Inappropriate use/transport (extreme off road conditions such as stunts)
- Lack of periodic maintenance/upkeep
- Damage resulting from incorrect adjustment(s) or worn components
- Consequences of a fall, or collision
- Damage caused by extreme weather conditions
- Damage due to unsuitable cleaning agents, utensils such as high-pressure cleaners or the additives used
- Use for Commercial Rental
Normal wear parts / excluded from this warranty:
- Bump stops in forks and shock systems (applies to models with suspension fork)
- Coatings on fork stanchions and shock absorber pistons (applies to models with suspension fork)
- Moving parts made from rubber
- Brake pads / Brake disks
- Rim flanges/brake surfaces
- Freewheel bodies
- Slide rings and plain bushings
- Bar grips and handlebar tape
- Cassettes, cogs, chain rings
- Bearings and bearing seatings
- Airtight seals/O-rings
- Shifting lever rubber coatings
- Shifting components
- Foam parts
- Fenders, chain guide
- Actuating cables and outer sleeves
- Dust rings
ASSERTION AND PROCEDURE OF WARRANTY CLAIMS
Warranty claims are to be submitted to your Big Cat ® dealer or Big Cat Worldwide, Inc the original order number, date of purchase and one of more photographs of the damaged component / area of the bike. The warranty period shall run from the date of warranty registration for 12 months (unless you have an extended warranty).
Your Big Cat ® dealer shall report your warranty claim, including a description and the serial number on the frame, to Big Cat ®, which shall decide on the further procedure immediately upon receipt of the warranty claim. Should clarification require the parts to be checked, these shall be removed and submitted to Big Cat ® in a clean state.
Products repaired or replaced under the warranty shall be sent to the Big Cat ® dealer. Assembly and basic adjustment must be performed by the Big Cat ® dealer, bike shop or bike mechanic.
THE WARRANTY PROVISIONS OF BIG CAT ® WORLDWIDE, INC ARE COMPREHENSIVE AND DEFINITIVE.
IN PARTICULAR, NO PARTY (INCLUDING THE BIG CAT ® DEALER) IS OR SHALL BE AUTHORIZED BY BIG CAT ® TO GRANT ANY GUARANTEES OR OTHER WARRANTY ENTITLEMENTS OR RIGHTS OVER AND ABOVE THESE WARRANTY PROVISIONS.